October 22, 2017 - 10:30 am
We’ve had a change in plans for our Curt Gowdy trip! We will be headed up to Wyoming to the Curt Gowdy State Park for a Sunday of amazing riding! Some of you may want to go up the evening before to camp out and others may want to join up the morning of.
If you are interested in camping out Saturday night, see the bullet-point below:
- Curt Gowdy State Park: $17/ night; first come first served.
This is a COED Ride, so when RSVPing please indicate the number of participants.
WE WILL NEED A DEFINITE RSVP (by October 20th) so that we can ascertain number of participants.
Thanks Ladies! Although the weather outlook keeps changing, it now appears that we’ll have the perfect mountain biking weather for this excursion!
Here is the BETA:
- Meet time at the Curt Gowdy Trail parking area is 10:30 am; wheels down at 10:45 am.
- A safe helmet (no older than 5 years) is REQUIRED.
- BRING WATER – preferably a hydration pack
- Bring food with you. We’ll ride, go back to our vehicles for a lunch and then ride some more!
- BRING gels, goo, chews, snack to prevent bonking (On day of ride, be sure to hydrate before the ride and be sure to have eaten at least 2 – 3 hours before the ride.)
- Always BRING a wind and/or rain jacket. You just never know if our weather will change while we are out and it’s better to be prepared.
- If you are not a member, a waiver (which can be downloaded from our website) must be signed and returned to us. (remember, you get 2 free intro rides to see if we are a good fit before deciding to join)
- RSVP is required.
- You MUST have a safe helmet no older than 5 years.
- You MUST have a working bike that has been serviced within the last few months
- TIRE Pressure should be checked: Good rule of thumb on tire pressure is weight based:
- For TUBELESS tires: If your weight is between 100 to 120 lbs = 18 to 20 psi
- Between 125 to 135 lbs = 22 to 25 psi
- Between 140 to 160lbs = 27 to 32 psi
- TUBED tires: Add 3 to 5 psi
- Chains should be lubed (if they haven’t been touched for about a month)