July 6, 2017 - 5:30 pm
It appears that it will be rather warm on Thursday evening. So, let’s head up the hill to Evergreen. We’ll do a different route than what we have done previously, so be sure to prepare for this with plenty of fluids/electrolites/and nourishment before the ride. We’ll eat a bite after at a location of your choice!
Here is the BETA:
- Meet at the 2nd lot for Alderfer/3 Sisters (by the yellow farmhouse).
- Meet time is 5:30 pm with wheels down at 6:00 pm
- If you are not a member, a waiver (which can be downloaded from our website) must be signed and returned to us. (remember, you get 2 free intro rides to see if we are a good fit before deciding to join)
- RSVP is greatly appreciated.
Please RSVP here:
- You MUST have a safe helmet no older than 5 years.
- You MUST have a working bike that has been serviced within the last few months
- TIRE Pressure should be checked: Good rule of thumb on tire pressure is weight based:
- For TUBELESS tires: If your weight is between 100 to 120 lbs = 18 to 20 psi
- Between 125 to 135 lbs = 22 to 25 psi
- Between 140 to 160lbs = 27 to 32 psi
- TUBED tires: Add 3 to 5 psi
- Chains should be lubed (if they haven’t been touched since last winter)
- BRING WATER – preferably a hydration pack
- BRING gels, goo, chews, snack to prevent bonking (On day of ride, be sure to be hydrating for most of the day and be sure to have eaten at least 2 – 3 hours before the ride.)
- Always BRING a wind and/or rain jacket. You just never know if our weather will change while we are out and it’s better to be prepared.