December 3, 2017 - 10:30 am
Continuing to take advantage of amazing November/December weather! Snow is coming in late on Monday/Tuesday, so let’s hit up some trails! We’ll be hungry after, I’m sure. We can decide where we want to go for brewski and eats!
REMINDER: The Dudes are welcome on our weekend rides, so if your other wants to hang out, bring him along. If there are enough of them, they can do their own ride!
Here is the BETA:
- Meet at the paved parking lot off of Rooney Rd for Green Mountain.
- Meet time at the parking lot is 10:30 am; wheels down at 10:45 am.
- A safe helmet (no older than 5 years) is REQUIRED.
- BRING WATER – preferably a hydration pack
- BRING gels, goo, chews, snack to prevent bonking (On day of ride, be sure to be hydrating for most of the day and be sure to have eaten at before the ride.)
- Always BRING a wind and/or rain jacket. You just never know if our weather will change while we are out and it’s better to be prepared.
- If you are not a member, a waiver (which can be downloaded from our website) must be signed and returned to us. (remember, you get 2 free intro rides to see if we are a good fit before deciding to join)
- RSVP and/or cancellation is required by 6 pm on Saturday before Sunday ride. If you do not RSVP, we will NOT be there!
- You MUST have a safe helmet no older than 5 years.
- You MUST have a working bike that has been serviced within the last few months
- TIRE Pressure should be checked: Good rule of thumb on tire pressure is weight based:
- For TUBELESS tires: If your weight is between 100 to 120 lbs = 18 to 20 psi
- Between 125 to 135 lbs = 22 to 25 psi
- Between 140 to 160lbs = 27 to 32 psi
- TUBED tires: Add 3 to 5 psi
- Chains should be lubed (if they haven’t been touched for about a month)