October 8, 2017 - 9:00 am
Let’s hit up Staunton State Park which has intermediate trails with lots of climbing, some technical and a fun down hill! Be sure to bring plenty of water, lunch, snacks, and be prepared to hit up some place for after ride eats and brewski if everyone is so inclined!
Here is the BETA:
- Meet at The Fort Restaurant parking lot in Morrison to caravan/car pool to Staunton. We will meet at 9:00 am will leave at 9:15 am.
- Meet time at Stauton’s parking lot is 10:00 am; wheels down at 10:15 am.
- A safe helmet (no older than 5 years) is REQUIRED.
- BRING WATER – preferably a hydration pack
- BRING gels, goo, chews, snack to prevent bonking (On day of ride, be sure to be hydrating for most of the day and be sure to have eaten at least 2 – 3 hours before the ride.)
- Always BRING a wind and/or rain jacket. You just never know if our weather will change while we are out and it’s better to be prepared.
- If you are not a member, a waiver (which can be downloaded from our website) must be signed and returned to us. (remember, you get 2 free intro rides to see if we are a good fit before deciding to join)
- RSVP is required.
- You MUST have a safe helmet no older than 5 years.
- You MUST have a working bike that has been serviced within the last few months
- TIRE Pressure should be checked: Good rule of thumb on tire pressure is weight based:
- For TUBELESS tires: If your weight is between 100 to 120 lbs = 18 to 20 psi
- Between 125 to 135 lbs = 22 to 25 psi
- Between 140 to 160lbs = 27 to 32 psi
- TUBED tires: Add 3 to 5 psi
- Chains should be lubed (if they haven’t been touched for about a month)