Dirt Divas FAQs
Q. WHAT DOES MY MEMBERSHIP GET ME?
A. Your $60 membership fee gets you discounts from local and nationally known supporters of the Dirt Divas such as: Pivot Cycles, Optic Nerve, Honey Stinger, Ergon Bike USA, Feedback Sports, Guerrilla Gravity, Osmo Nutrition, Winking Girl Salsa, OutdoorDIVAS, Jinji Cycles and Golden Bike Shop. You also receive discounts from several local businesses who support women in mountain biking. The MEMBERSHIP UPGRADE gives you the opportunity to purchase a new bike at discount from our sponsors.
Q. WHY DO I HAVE TO BE A PAYING MEMBER TO RECEIVE THESE BENEFITS?
A. Those businesses that support the Dirt Divas are dedicated to serving the women in our community through discounts on product and services. There is value to what they give and they have requested that we provide a value for our membership. Thus, by paying for a membership, we can document who is a member of the Divas and qualified to receive the benefits provided to you, the member.
Q. WHY $60? WHY NOT A DIFFERENT AMOUNT?
A. In doing our research, we discovered that most clubs will charge you significantly more to be a member of their club for significantly less benefits. Our goal is to make mountain biking a positive experience for women by bringing them opportunities to be supported within the cycling community with specials and discounts. We wanted to provide value to women without charging exorbitant fees, but still be able to hopefully come close to breaking even on the inherent expenses we incur from running a club. The $35 Membership Upgrade is a ‘value added’ upgrade for expensive product.
Q. WHAT EXPENSES COULD YOU POSSIBLY HAVE?
A. Our expenses include but are not limited to:
- Website hosting-monthly fee
- Supplies for our events
- Emergency kits & resupplying them
- Tubes, bike parts, bike necessities, safety gear, extra water
- Restocking of energy gels or chews/bars
- Up front expenses for our Destination Rides
- Up front expenses for our special events and product orders
- Transportation costs & reimbursement as needed to ride leads
- Other expenses and time commitments as it relates to running any type of club or business
Q. TELL ME AGAIN WHAT I GET FOR BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE DIRT DIVAS?
A. Simply put, you get:
- Weekly road and mountain bike rides
- The Spring & Fall mountain biking trips typically to Moab, Fruita or Gooseberry Mesa
- Mid-Summer trip to destinations such as Crested Butte, Monarch Crest, Steamboat Springs
- Bike shop and other member discounts
- Support from nationally known Pivot Cycles for bikes a cut above
- Access to exceptional bike service from a USA Cycling Certified mechanic
- Social gatherings
- Trail building and advocacy opportunities
- Eligibility to join Team Dirt Divas — an all female race team.
- Discounted team wear.
- Not to mention all the fun and camaraderie we share!